The Board met this evening to review the current operations at MGC. In doing so it took into consideration the information provided by the Government and Industry bodies such as GolfNSW and ClubsNSW.
After considering this information it was felt that greater restrictions were required at MGC to comply with the new guidelines. As these restrictions could not be achieved with the current timesheet structure the following decisions were made;
- The Course will be closed for Thursday 26th March and Friday 27th March with the view to reopen on Saturday 28th March (assuming there is no further advice from the Government on restrictions)
- From Saturday 28th all play will be in 3’s at 10 minute intervals from 7am. This will remain as social play only. All matchplay events have been suspended
- The timesheets that are currently open will be closed, restructured as noted above and members will be asked to rebook on line
- The timesheet for Saturday 28th March will be released on Friday 27th March at 6.15am
- All subsequent timesheets, through to Friday 3rd April will be released on Friday 27th March at 2 hour intervals. The timesheet for Sunday 29th March will be released at 8:15am, the timesheet for Monday 30th March will be released at 10:15am and so on
- From the close of business on Friday 27th March the locker rooms and bag storage will be closed. Members are asked to clear their lockers and pick up their golf bag and or buggy before 6pm on Friday 27th
- From Saturday 28th March Golf Carts will not be available. The golf shop will operate via the outside window only. There will be no takeaway food and beverage offered.
As mentioned earlier the information being provided by the government and our industry bodies is fluid and therefore restrictions may increase at any stage.
Once again I thank all members for their patience and understanding during this difficult time.