My email last night advising of the Club’s closure for Thursday 26th March and Friday 27th has raised a number of questions which I wish to clarify.
The Board made the decision to keep the course open based on information from the Office of Sport – NSW Government, “that NSW golf clubs can continue golfing operations, on the condition that spatial/social distancing regulations are adhered to”. As part of these additional measures we were advised to reduce the size of groups and increase the intervals between groups. As a result of these guidelines the golf course will reopen on Saturday 28th March with play in groups of 3 at 10 minute intervals.
Details regarding the additional measures for the course and clubhouse operations are below.
- At this point in time only social golf will be offered. Member category playing rights remain in place, as per the Club By-laws
- Members must book a tee time before coming to the Club. All timesheets will be reset in 3’s at 10 minute intervals and reopen online on Friday 27th March as detailed in my email of last night
- Due to the reduced number of tee times available members are permitted a maximum of 2 games per week
- The locker rooms and club storage will be closed indefinitely from 5pm on Friday 27th March. Access to the bag storage and lockers will be available on Thursday 26th & Friday 27th March from 7am to 5pm. Your equipment may remain in the bag storage or your locker if you prefer not to pick it up
- The practice fairway is now closed and will remain closed indefinitely. Members may use their own practice balls at the chipping green
- The course will reopen from Saturday 28th March, assuming there are no further government restrictions, with tee times available from 7am. There will be no locker room access or clubhouse access. The golf shop will have limited operations via the window which looks out onto the Terrace. Starting will be operated from the golf shop. Under no circumstances may members play without a booking and registering with the golf shop. The no guest policy still applies.
- Golf carts will not be available. Golf buggies will be sanitized each day and a bleach spray available at the buggy pick up point. Bleach spray will also be available at the soil bucket pick up points. We ask all members to utilise the spray prior to using this equipment
These measures are to create the safest possible environment for members to enjoy their golf course as we understand the physical and emotional benefits this provides to members during these difficult times.
Unfortunately we are unable to sustain our kitchen operations in this climate and therefore have closed the kitchen which includes suspending, indefinitely, the “Produce & Pantry Staples” offering. Those members who placed orders to be picked up on Thursday 26th March and Saturday 28th March will be able to do so via the main entrance, off Balgowlah Rd, between the hours of 10am to 3pm on those days. After this time the clubhouse will be closed indefinitely. Reception will not be manned at all times and therefore the most efficient form of communication will be via email to the following addresses;
I shall continue to supply updates to members as they come to hand and trust this additional information has answered the various questions.
Thank you to all members for your support and patience, please stay safe.