I am sure you are all aware of the Prime Minister’s announcement to close Clubs from 12 noon Monday 23rd March. What does this mean for Club operations at MGC?
- Social golf will continue in line with restrictions and conditions communicated previously. The ‘No-Guest’ policy remains.
- Only one person will be permitted in golf carts and are required to be returned by no later than 4:30pm.
- Members are required to maintain social distancing measures at all times, this includes pre- and post-golf.
- The Golf Shop and member locker rooms will be available however access to the showers will cease.
- The Champions Bar and all other areas of the Clubhouse will be closed.
- Members requiring assistance from the office are asked to email or phone reception. Entry to the office will not be available and the front doors will be closed from 12 noon Monday 23rd
- A small takeaway menu will be available from the middle doors of the Champions Bar. A counter will be set up at these doors for ordering and collection.
- The takeaway offering will be available from 9am to 6pm with transactions via eftpos or member account only
- The Golf Shop hours remain at 6am to 5pm with the practice range closing at 4:30pm.
Our commitment of safety to our members and staff remains our highest priority whilst we endeavour to provide access to the golf course for as long as permitted. As discussed previously we are still working on providing competition golf once again and I hope to make an announcement regarding this later in the week.
The Chef and his team are expanding the ‘Produce & Pantry Staples’ menu and I am delighted to see we have had approximately 20 orders already. I would like to confirm these items are available to all members and reiterate to those who may not have transport that we can arrange to have these delivered to your home.
Lastly I wish to thank all of the members for your support and patience through this difficult time. I have had nothing but positive feedback from all team members and the members I spoke with over the weekend.
I shall keep you informed of updates as further details come to hand.